How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33405
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you. To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:


  1. When you mention fighting a divorce, do you mean keeping it from ultimately happening (i.e. saving your marriage)? Any details you could share about your situation would be helpful.


Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I would like to salvage my marriage. I spoke to an advocate at the Family Law Center yesterday after I sent the question to you, and she indicated that I might be able to file a temporary injunction after he files and ask the Judge in the case to order counseling before the Divorce is granted. He doesn't have to go, but he would be in contempt of court if he doesn't. I got him to agree to one month of counseling yesterday, but I don't think he will go when it comes right down to it. I guess I can't make him stay married to me, but I don;t want to just roll over and let her have him either.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,


Thank you for writing back -- good to hear from you again.


I have opted out (without charge) so my fellow legal expert colleagues can view your post and provide an answer if they are able to do so.


I hope things get resolved appropriately for you in this matter.


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Why did you "opt out", is there no good answer?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 years ago.
My heart goes out to you. Unfortunately, however, Georgia is a state which allows divorce if one party requests it and without any fault having to be established. There is no way to stop the divorce and there is some question as to whether the judge can even order marital counseling. Of course, it doesn't hurt to ask but don't get your hopes up.

However, the judge can take the affair into account when addressing the division of property, the kids, etc.

I wish I had better news for you, but the law is like this in almost all of the states now.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33405
Experience: Began practicing Family Law in 1992
JD 1992 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions