How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 2 children were taken by dss on jan 8 2010. I recently

Customer Question

My 2 children were taken by dss on jan 8 2010. I recently moved back home and was staying in a hotel, looking for employment, and permanent housing. My sons father whom hadnt seen his child in months offered to babysit one evening. When i returned, he started an arguement, police were called and they immediately found a white substance on top of the tv...They arrested all of us. I called my mother to pick up my children, she then called dss because my high bond set. She claimed she couldnt take care of them while i was incarecerated. I spent 8 days in jail, was bonded out... My children were put in separate foster homes.. I had to submit to a drug assesment, passed. And a hair folicle. Negative for all drugs. I was required to take parenting classes, they are completed. We just had a home study and a background check on everyone in the home. Court is next week. They are now requiring my roomates to take a urine test. They wont. What can i do? they required a stable address.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
Sorry to hear what you are going through, but they can legally ask the roommates for the test. You will need to find another place to live or have these roommates move out if you want return of your children. Otherwise this can legally impact the return of your children. I am sorry to hear your roommates would not cooperate with this. If the refuse to return the kids you will need to contest their recommendations but without this test or finding another place to live it is going to be a hard issue to contest.


Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.