How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced 8 years ago. In the decree I had to give him

Customer Question

I was divorced 8 years ago. In the decree I had to give him half of my pention and I was suppose to get his when he retired. He has retired and now I am being told I can't collect from him until after he dies. That wasn't how it was stated in court. Can you help me or tell me who can?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Who has told you that you cannot collect half of his pension until he dies? Where is that information coming from?