How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a truck driver and his license has been suspended

Resolved Question:

My husband is a truck driver and his license has been suspended for child support arrears owe to the mother. No money is owed to the state for arrears, because he paid that in full 3 years ago. They were still taking support out of his check up to this very moment. Now he can not work until he pay them $500. Not only can they not get the $500 but not they can't get the garnishment amount. The children he is paying for are age 24 and 25 and both dropped out of school at age 16. Is anything about this situation legal?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I can't tell since someone would have to look at an accounting of the entire child support issue from the start. What he needs to do is to immediately file a petition in the court to have any arrears vacated and for a temporary restraining order to stay the suspension of his license. The problem is that you will need an attorney for this and that will cost way more than the 500.00. He could have done this years ago when they dropped out of school. These things do not go away. Talking over the phone will get you nowhere. You have to actually make an appointment and go in.
lwpat and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like to accept the answer but, for the $18. I added an additional $18 by accident, but the site never showed me that it received the first, so I thought it didn't go through. I would like the other $18 back before I accept the answer.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Sorry but I cannot see that side of the site. Nothing has been paid and it is still only showing the 18.00. They may have added the other 18 to your account. I will contact customer service.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My account shows $36 and $36 has been debited from my account. I need $18 credited back to the account, before I can accept the answer or I will have to cancel or dispute the whole transaction.

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I understand and have reported it to customer service. Thanks for using JA.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will someone contact me?