How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FLACORPLAWYER Your Own Question
FLACORPLAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4634
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FLACORPLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex husband and I have joint custody of our son, I have primary

Customer Question

my ex husband and I have joint custody of our son, I have primary custody. last vistation my ex had on march 19-22 I found out that my ex had been jailed on reckless driving charges on march 20 and that on march 23rd he was re arrested for felony hit and run. when my son came back home to me on march 22, i found a huge mark on the back of his neck it was about 2 inches long and deep. when i called my ex to find out what happened he informed me that a pit bull had scratch him. i hung up with him and contacted our local social services office. after several days social services sent me a letter and told me they were not going to investiage these allegations. so i than went to file an emergency protective order against my ex and the court day was this morning. the judge ruled that my ex is to have no contact but 1 call a day with me but he can continue his vistation with our son until a court hearing on 5/6. i do not want my son to go I fear that he will be harmed. what can i do??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
The judge obviously did not share your concern or the emergency nature of this situation which you ascribe to it. You do not have the option of changing the visitation schedule now, so unless you care to wait for the next hearing, you would need to hire an attorney and see if he can get the case back before the judge on some kind of emergency order. Which is unlikely.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i do not have the money for an attorney


what would happen if i deny him vistation until the may 6 hearing

Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
That will depend upon him. If he is agressive he will have you in court for contempt. (Which might not be a bad thing, at least you get another chance to argue your point).