Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How long after divoce one can claim property settlement

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
You can file for a property settlement at any time after the divorce if no decision on any marital property was made during the divorce process. You need to go to court and file a motion in the same divorce case for dissolution and division of marital property.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer