How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a son 14 months old. He is a seasonal worker and

Customer Question

My son has a son 14 months old. He is a seasonal worker and would like to spend more time or even get his son six months out of the yea. Is this possible
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

Hello. If he applies to the court for visitation he should be able to get visitation rights every other weekend, several nights a week and some holidays so long as he had no criminal record or there is any other reason why the mother of the child can object to his visitation. Even if she objects and the court finds grounds in her objection the court will usually order supervised visitation at first and then expand it to unsupervised visitation as time progresses. The court will probably not permit a full six months custody at a time for a long time unless or until he proves himself capable of the responsibility.


If he goes to the clerk's office of the family court and asks for the paperwork to apply for visitation they should be able to give it to him and direct him to a legal aid lawyer that will help him with the paperwork at least.




Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time



Related Family Law Questions