How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42877
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a few questions. im going through a child support/custoday

Customer Question

i have a few questions. i'm going through a child support/custoday case right now. i am currently getting 143 days with my daughter. i was told by my lawyer that if i ask for 146 days which will lower the cost of my child support i would have to take a psychological exam and it would cost me a good sum of money to fight for those 3 extra days. is this true? also, lets say i just agree and sign the agreement now, can i hire another attorney and fight for the days in the future? or once the agreement is signed, thats it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for yor question.The information you got is partially correct.While you might have to fight and pay here for the extra days it would lower your support as offset.You can agree here now and hire another lawyer later on and fight for modification.Visitation and custody for that matter are always subject to future change.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if i'm unemployed and might be unable to pay child support. what can i do?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
You would file motion to modify support here if you cannot pay here I don't blame you for taking what you can get here since you are low on funds.Make sure you don't agree to pay more than you think you can pay.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is there a way to fight or get around paying retro money owed?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
You can ask court ot reduce amount of arrears and retro the reduction.