How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEase Your Own Question
LegalEase, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 897
Experience:  Experience in handling divorces, custody issues and child support quandries.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalEase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex-husbands name is on my daughters birth certificate.

Customer Question

my ex-husband's name is XXXXX XXXXX daughters birth certificate. he is not her father. her real father and i are together now and he (and I) wants to change the fathers name on her birth certificate. how do we do that? she'll be 2 in 12 days....please help.i'm in orlando, fl
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalEase replied 7 years ago.
You will have to have the real father declared the legal father via the court system. Once the judge determines that the child's real father is in fact the biological and legal father of the child you can petition to have the birth certificate changed. His paternity can be proved by a DNA test.

Here is the FL website dealing with paternity issues:

Related Family Law Questions