How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a parenting plan and a child support order and I just

Resolved Question:

I have a parenting plan and a child support order and I just found out from a DNA test that she is not mine. Her mother and I were never married and she has agreed to have the parenting plan dropped and the child support terminated. Will filing a petition for modification of child support and petition for modification of parenting plan be enough to get this accomplished . We live in Washington State
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

You must file an action to disclaim paternity in order for the court to make a determination that you are not the father. Unless there is such an order, support could be commenced at any time, particularly if the other parent were to need public assistance.


Please click ACCEPT Below

Lawmoe and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you