How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer Lori Your Own Question
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son & his girlfriend are broken up and they have a 11 month

Resolved Question:

My son & his girlfriend are broken up and they have a 11 month old son. She was just recently put in jail for domestic violence with my son. Now her & her parents are keeping my grandson away from my son & us. What can my son do? All he wants to do is to see his son.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 7 years ago.
If there are currently any court orders regarding visitation and she is not permitting your son to see his son, your son needs to file a contempt of court action against her seeking that the visitation be enforced. If there are not any orders in effect, you son needs to file a petition for visitation (or joint custody) and get a court order. Until that happens, she can continue to keep the child from him without any repercussions. But, be advised that if he files a petition, she will most likely demand that he pay child support (if he is not already paying it).

You may want to refer to this website of the Florida courts for info:

Hope this helps. Good luck to your son.
Lawyer Lori and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions