How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir, My wife and I are trying to have a friendly divorce! !!!

Customer Question

Sir, My wife and I are trying to have a friendly divorce!?!!! She asks me to give her a financial proposal, for her to review and agree/disagree on it.
Q: should I do this by email?
The deed of our house is in her name, the house was bought during our marriage, both of our names are XXXXX XXXXX mortgage. House location is in PA.
Q: Can she kick me out of our house? She claims that the divorce procedure will only start once I move out. Note we are living separate lifes, separate bedrooms and barely talk to each other.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Peter Wiedmer
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
PA allows a no fault mutual consent divorce
Mutual consent.--The court may grant a divorce where it is alleged that the marriage is irretrievably broken and 90 days have elapsed from the date of commencement of an action under this part and an affidavit has been filed by each of the parties evidencing that each of the parties consents to the divorce. She cannot make you move out and you are entitled to half of the equity in the house if there is any. I suggest that you have an attorney draw up a marital settlement agreement and have it approved as part of the final divorce order. Here are some samples as a guide.