How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I are no longer together and have a 9 month

Resolved Question:

My boyfriend and I are no longer together and have a 9 month old son, I want to take a trip to Oregon (we live in Long Beach,CA) for 2 weeks at the time of travel our son will be 1yr and there is no custody court order in place at this time if I take my son out of state can my ex get me into any legal trouble and claim that I am kidnapping our son?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Since there is no custody order in place and you are not married, there are no grounds for a claim of kidnapping even if you moved to another state. You may want to consider contacting the authorities to alert them that he may call them to cause trouble and explain the situation so that you can avoid problems during your trip.

Please let me know if you need clarification by pressing the "Reply" button. If you press "Relist", I will not be notified that you have requested my assistance. .

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G


Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.

Tina and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
What additional information are you looking for please?