How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cild support in GA What recourse is available if my attorney

This answer was rated:

Cild support in GA : What recourse is available if my attorney entered my business's gross income as my gross personal income? My accountant agrees, and the difference is $1600 per month.

Thank you for your question.


This would be grounds to petition the court to modify the child support order. The Georgia statutes at Section 9-11-60(g) allow a party to motion for relief from a judgment where any part of the record contains errors arising from oversight or omission. You may be able to get the order corrected retroactive to the date the order was put in place. Although retroactive orders are usually not permitted, they may be if the judgment was based on error. Your attorney should be willing to help you with this, being that it was his/her mistake.



Lady Themis and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you