How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34735
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex boyfriend and I have a 21 month old daughter together.

Resolved Question:

My ex boyfriend and I have a 21 month old daughter together. I know that he has rights over his daughter, and that he should be allowed to see her when he wants. However, he grows, and sells pot out of his apt, and I am afraid for her safety when she is their. What can I do to make sure that she is safe? what are my chances of getting full custody of her in the stae of PA?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

The court will rule on child custody issues with one concern, and one concern only...what is in the best interest of the child.

If you can show that he is actively engaged in "pot growing/dealing" I suspect the court would severely limit his access to the child.

I do not believe, based on this, the court would take away all his paternal rights...but I bet they would only grant supervised visitation in a neutral location (not in his home where the drug business is least until he stops this illegal activity

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: His involvement in illegal drug trade would be a major factor for the court to consider in determining custody.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.
P. Simmons and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you