How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My soon to be ex and I hae had our pre trial conference w/the

Resolved Question:

My soon to be ex and I hae had our pre trial conference w/the court commissioner and the only item that is up for discussion is filing of the tax returns. My ex has $17,000 in ue w/out any taxes taken out and I feel I don't want to be part of the that tax burden - and I have 2 children that are in college and I worked all year - can I do the return as married filing single w/out getting in trouble w/the court - our final hearing is 3/29/10 and my ex will not give me any of the tax information that he has - he states that he will wait for the judge to make the decision. It was suggested for us to see and run scenarios out and bring into court
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
My suggestion is to allow the court to decide this issue before you file. You still have plenty of time to file and can even get an extension if necessary.
Roger and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you