How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13555
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a QUADRO from a divorce. i live in NJ and the fund

Customer Question

i have a QUADRO from a divorce. i live in NJ and the "fund" for the money i will receive in in NYC from the Electrical Industry Local 3. I have had a hard time finding a job and need to get that money which is significant. Question: X hus has to be 50 (presently 49) to receive fund but I am broke. Can my Quadro which rules this fund be squashed somehow or rewritten?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Dear Nibble,


It is going to be up to the plan administrator and plan rules if any of this money can come out early. It sounds like it is not part of that plan, however.


Alternatively, you could seek an alternative method of payment of this right to equitable distribution of the present value by making an agreement with the husband, perhaps accepting less if he can pay you know the present value. You would then need to get that made into an Order by the Judge, that the QDRO be cancelled or amended accordingly.


First things first would be to get your ex to agree to modify this court ordered distribution. Then use that stipulated agreement to get the judge to modifiy the distribution order. You can also speak with the plan administrator and inquires as to what paperwork he/she would need to stay that QDRO. Would an order of the Judge suffice?



Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks


S. Joy, Legal Expert



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
already heard all that. i guess its the same old thing
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.
You failed to mention that in the area where you were asked to provide info on what you already tried, ergo my time and effort in explaining your options. In the future, if you could kindly include what you already know so I don't use time that could be provided to others, gather your requested info, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions