How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Arizona... I been awarded temp Placement of my Daughter,

Customer Question

I live in Arizona... I been awarded temp Placement of my Daughter, an have for 6 months now. Technically my child is still A ward of the state of OR, as they took her away from her biological mom. Now, the CPA in the other state can't advice me how to proceed with filing the documentation to start gaining sole custody. I am unsure where to start...
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawdoctor replied 7 years ago.
Are you a relative to the child?
Has the parents rights been terminated?
Was the child taken from another state and if so, what state?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am the Biological Father, Was contacted From the state of OR I live in AZ: My daughter was taken from her biologicla mother in june 2009: They placed her with me in SEPT 90': There has NEVER been any kind of legal custody. So, this means either of us could... I want to be the one to do so first, since now she is with me...