How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a wife who is still a Chinese citizen decided to take her

Resolved Question:

If a wife who is still a Chinese citizen decided to take her American citizen children to China and did not return to the U.S. with them, but decided to keep them in China, what rights does the father have and what could he do to get the children back? Assume that there is no divorce in this case. Then assume there is a divorce in this same case.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

Generally, child support can be modified only retroactive to the date a motion or petition is filed. If there was no child support set, it is up to the court's discretion whether they will allow retroactive child support and, in most cases, it is limited to two years.


With regard to custody, such decisions are made based on what the court determines is in the child's best interests. the result often depends on how well the arguments are framed and made. That is why it is always wise to have counsel.



Lawmoe and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions