How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We got a court order for my husband to pay 4000 or 5000 dollars

Resolved Question:

We got a court order for my husband to pay "4000 or 5000" dollars for his half of unpaid medical bills for the i.v.f. treatment to make his son with his ex. first of all, he thought it was covered under her insurance because it had been every other time and he was never given a bill for proof or an exact amount from her attorney or clearly the judge and now the money hungry woman has filed a contempt motion against him stating he never paid her the 2,055 he owes her! we never even saw that number! and they filed to have him ordered to have it paid in 10 days! can they do that? what can we do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

You may seek a hearing to challenge contribution to uninsured medical expenses by filing a motion. You challenge the affidavits submitted by the other parentg claiming those expenses as uncovered.


Most states allow a custodial parent to submit an affidavit of unpaid expenses to be entered as a judgment if the court order requires contribution.



Lawmoe and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions