Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband and I are drafting our own marital settlement agreement.

Customer Question
We want to insert a...
My husband and I are drafting our own marital settlement agreement. We want to insert a paragraph to state that either party has the right to and attorney or willingly waives this right. Please assist in properly wording this right/waiver of counsel.

Thank you M.R.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/24/2010
Family Lawyer: John, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
John, Lawyer
RIGHT TO COUNSEL

____ and ____ hereby enter into this agreement, knowing they have a right to have an attorney review, represent or otherwise participate in this settlement agreement and both parties knowingly and willingly waive their rights to do so.
John, Lawyer
John, Lawyer