How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a female friend who keeps calling his cell phone,

Resolved Question:

My husband has a female friend who keeps calling his cell phone, but when I answer the phone she becomes aggressive. Although he believes their friendship is simply just purely friends without the thrills, I believe the woman wants more. The cellphone is in my name but I am not sure if it would be in my best interest to cut the phone off since it is just as easy for him to get another cellphone. I would like to sue this woman for invading my marriage. What course of action can I take?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 7 years ago.

What state are you in?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 7 years ago.

You cannot sue the woman for interfering in your marriage, as such suits have never been recognized in Louisiana. Most other states have abolished such lawsuits if they ever did recognize them. You can ask the woman to stop calling or change your phone number, but it is ultimately up to your husband to discontinue contact with her. If the woman threatens you physically, you may be able to have her arrested and/or get a restraining order against her.



Lady Themis and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you