How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31688
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was divorced in lagrange georgia troup county. I now live

Resolved Question:

i was divorced in lagrange georgia troup county. I now live in ohio, as well as my ex moved to ohio couple of years ago. I need to get a modification of child support, but do not know how to proceed since i do not live in georgia. Ohio child support agency will not help me as they are telling me i have to go back to the court where the garnishment was filed. Yet i am unable to get assistance from georgia child support agency as they are also saying it requires an amendment thru the court for garnishment of wages. I do not know how best to proceed to review the child support order on file, i am the custodian and receive the child support.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You can file for a modification in the county of residence of the children. Because the children now live in Ohio, the courts of that state have jurisdiction over them.

Roger and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions