Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a 16 year old minor leave home without parental consent

Customer Question
in Florida? If not...
Can a 16 year old minor leave home without parental consent in Florida? If not, at what age can she leave?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/7/2010
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
No, she cannot leave without consent of the custodial parent until she is 18. However, based upon the circumstances the mother could file a motion to change/modify custody and the minor is of sufficient age, in addition to the circumstances if proved, that she could testify as to her wishes and the court may consider those wishes as one of the factors in determining what is in the best interests of the child.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer