How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 25 year old legally sperated mother of a 4 year old.

Resolved Question:

I am a 25 year old legally sperated mother of a 4 year old. she lives in Wisconsin with her dad right now and i am in Nebraska yet I talk to her every night. I will be moving back to Wisconsin in the begining of March. I also am living off of unemployment and have no job at the moment. He wants to mover her to Green Bay while i want to keep her in Wausau which is were she has all of her family and goes to preschool. Do you think I will have a chance of gaining full custody of my child?
Submitted: 7 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

The court must do what is in the best interest of the child. In order to have a chance, you'll have to convince the judge that the child being with you is in her best interest. A showing of a stable home environment, financial situation, school situation, family in the area and time available with the child are all considerations the court will make.


There is certainly a chance that you can get custody of your child, but full custody is tough even for anyone to get. It is most likely that the court will set up joint custody.

Roger and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions