How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawdoctor Your Own Question
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1400
Experience:  Over 22 years of experience in numerous states.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawdoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am looking for an attorney who can help me get my kids back.

Customer Question

i am looking for an attorney who can help me get my kids back. my ex husband has sole physical and i have visitation. this was not a problem untill august 1 2009 when he packed them up took them to pittsburgh dropped them off with his new wife which my children only knew a week and came back to california. my oldest daughter has type 1 diabeties and the new step mother has no idea about this disease. my ex husband is still residing here in 29 palms california and is going to be here for an unknown amount of time. the step mother works untill 7-9 pm mon-friday and leaves the house and cooking up to my children. my children are girl 17 (diabetic) boy 15 boy 11 (medical conditions) and girl 9. the step mom and no power of attorney to take my kids to doctors. i feel that this is child abuction and abandonment considering the ex husband never went back to family court to let them know he was taking them from california or revise my visitaion thank you michelle shubert
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawdoctor replied 7 years ago.
Dear Shubert08:

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question.

Your question is very important to me, but please remember that I can only respond to the information you provide and I do not know your entire situation. My response is limited to what you have written to me and the answer may change with additional facts.

Also, due to site reasons, there are times I am initially only able to see a portion of post, so I apologize in advance if it means that you have to duplicate information.

There may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. Now, let’s address your question!

I am sorry to hear that your husband abandoned the children in this manner. The site prohibits experts from making specific referrals to attorneys, but I can refer you to the California Assocation of Certified Family Law Specialist.

They may be able to refer you to an attorney who can take the case at a reduced fee and with the contingency that they will seek attorney's fees from your husband. Before you meet with the attorney make sure you have all your documents in order, your daughter's medical records if you have them, and any correspondence between you and your husband or children regarding this issue.

I wish you the best and your children are in my prayers.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be off line. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.