How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my spouse and i have been seprated for 3 yrs now. i lived elsewhere

Customer Question

my spouse and i have been seprated for 3 yrs now. i lived elsewhere and she remained in our house. I just found out she moved out of house without tell me she was leaving. How do i start divorce proceedings?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Do you also live in NJ or where?


Do you know where she moved to - do you have her address?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes i do live in nj..i have no kids with her..

i live in hackensack nj and also my house where she resided is in hackensack.

i have been separated for 3 yrs now. I moved out of the house completely in 2007.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Then you will have to file for divorce in NJ.


Do you have an attorney?


Will she consent to the divorce?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no attorney..she will but i do not know where to find her. what do you think is my best strategy?

Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Uh oh. That can be expensive - that the court make you advertise the divorce in local newspapers.


Do you know of anyone who might know of her whereabouts that you can contact?