How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I actually have several questions, 1. does Tenn. have a certian

Customer Question

I actually have several questions,
1. does Tenn. have a certian amount that the father has to pay or do they go by his pay?
heres the deal, new husband (ron) got a disallusionment about 3 years ago in hamilton county tenn. he works in Alaska 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off, he has custody of children (2) and at the time he agreed to pay her 2,000 a month to take care of children and he gets them the 2 weeks he is home. but this was agreeded upon till the youngest one turned 3 years old and that she would get a job to help out, that was as of May 2009 and we have asked her to keep up her end of bargin and she has not. we are wondering how we can pay less due to the fact he has them for 2weeks every 6 weeks and plus she will not let us have the kids when we ask for them while he is at work, i am the step mom and they both love me and i love them. i dont feel she is being very fair, what can we do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

How many kids will the father be taking care of besides the one for child support (i.e. previous marriage, etc)?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

he just has the two childern with ex-wife. these are the two he is paying for now.


Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
I have to check TN law b/c it was recently changed...mind if I take a few hrs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

we are going to see lawyer today thank you anyway


Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
I will close the question then. Good luck.