How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughters ex is trying for custody of their children [8

Resolved Question:

my daughters ex is trying for custody of their children [8 and5] we have been to court several times and he weeps ..we are desperate to keep the children away from him and his new partner who is as bad as he is.. the children DO NOT want to see him..he only wants access to my daughter who has recently had a prolapse bowel due to ibs for several years since she left him..he just will not give up...this has being going on for nearly 8 yrs now..he has recently been awarded access again after 6 months of toing and froing to family grandaughter is refusing to speak to him on the phone at all ,he is due to pick them up from school on friday and the childrens mother andi [i am their grandmother]and whave no intention of letting him have them as they do not want to go with him how can i deal with this monster within the confines of the law...
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
If there is an order giving him visitation and you do not allow the children to go he can call the police to force you to comply with the court order. The only way to stop the visits is to get proof to a court as to why it is not in the children's best interest and to have the court terminate any visitation. Or have his parental rights terminated so he will no longer have any right to even seek visitation.
legaleagle and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions