How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who takes care of an elderly disabled person who needs someone

Resolved Question:

Who takes care of an elderly disabled person who needs someone to take on the responsibility of durable power of attorney when there is no one to do so?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Are you asking how to get a PoA or who to essentially to take over if no family member wants to do this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Who to take over if no family member wants to?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
Does she have dementia? Alzherimers?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He hasn't been diagnosed with either. I observe some natural confusion and forgetfull ness that can come with age. Nothing I would be concerned about.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
There is a variety of options. If she is covered by Medicare/Medicaid, or even if she is not, she needs to get diagnosed. There are treatment facilities available, actually. For a very in depth view and options, see here:

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you