How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102379
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 54 year old male (married) that has a very good paying

Customer Question

I'm a 54 year old male (married) that has a very good paying position. The mother of the child (1 yr.old) is impoverished and chose to have the child and "turn me in" becuase she had "researched" what she could get vs. state. The makes $24K yr. and I make 5 times that. Not to be judged, it was a horrible error in judgement. Do I have any otions?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Do you have any other children to take care of beyond the one-year-old, or is he the only underage responsibility?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, she is the only one underage. I have a wife who is disabled (back) and recieving Social Secuirty and a daughter 19 who resides at my residence with our grand daughter.


I apologize for the misspellings in the original question segment, but it was very early in the morning.

Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
Here is the deal. Ohio law is strict on child support, and the support calculation goes by this worksheet: it out. IF what you get is LESS than what you're paying, then you need to out in a MOTION FOR MODIFICATION ASAP, using an attorney. It is is more or less about the same, then that is what you have to pay, I am sorry.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Related Family Law Questions