How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawdoctor Your Own Question
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1400
Experience:  Over 22 years of experience in numerous states.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawdoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To: LawDoctor (follow up question!) This silly "just

This answer was rated:

To: LawDoctor (follow up question!)
This silly "just answer" would NOT let me follow up to the answer you just provided... Ok... I will hold off and see what info she provides, before responding to her 'offer'. BUt.... what about my formal 'Response' that I need to file with the court in reply to her Show Cause.... should I file this now, or wait also, until just before the hearing???

Sorry for the problems with the reply button... technology you love hating it!!! I went off line about 1:00 am my time, so I am just now seeing this!

On her motion for support, first, has there been a final order of dissolution or divorce and property? If so, and the Order did not award alimony or spousal support then you file an objection that the issue is moot or 'res judicata' and ask for the court to dismiss the motion. Her time to file for support would have been prior to the Order and thus she lost her time to file.

If the divorce is not final and you are still in the middle of it, file a simple response objecting to the support and ask the court to delay setting the motion for hearing until such time as discovery has been had. (until such time as she provides her financials and you have time to review or have an expert review them).

In either case, if you both filed financial affidavits with the court at anytime and she did not include this income, you can file a contempt of court against her for perjury and ask for attorneys fees and damages. I would carefully review all the documents she has filed previously to see if she omitted or denied having the income to see if you can catch her in a lie to the court and then you have ammunition to use against her.

I wish you the best.


Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be offline. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Lawdoctor and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks for the bonus, you are THE BEST!!!

If you need anything else, just let me know.