How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant find my husband . He left me 6 years ago. How can

Customer Question

I can't find my "husband". He left me 6 years ago. How can I get a divorce?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 years ago.

What county are you in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Cuyahoga but I will be moving to Geauga in the spring.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 years ago.


Thank you for the quick response.



You would need to file a Complaint for Divorce and file it with the Court of Common Pleas in Geauga County since you would be moving there in the Spring. Your ground for the divorce would be desertion. Once you file your papers, the Court would instruct you on how to serve your husband by publication since you do not know his whereabouts. The forms for filing the complaint are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.


I checked the Geauga County's web site but could not find the forms. However, you can use the web site to get the contact information for the Clerk' s office. On the other hand, Cuyahoga County's web site has the forms. So, you can view and download the forms from there:




Related Family Law Questions