Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I cant find my husband . He left me 6 years ago. How can

Customer Question
I can't find my "husband"...
I can't find my "husband". He left me 6 years ago. How can I get a divorce?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

What county are you in?

Cuyahoga but I will be moving to Geauga in the spring.

Thank you for the quick response.

You would need to file a Complaint for Divorce and file it with the Court of Common Pleas in Geauga County since you would be moving there in the Spring. Your ground for the divorce would be desertion. Once you file your papers, the Court would instruct you on how to serve your husband by publication since you do not know his whereabouts. The forms for filing the complaint are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

I checked the Geauga County's web site but could not find the forms. However, you can use the web site to get the contact information for the Clerk' s office. On the other hand, Cuyahoga County's web site has the forms. So, you can view and download the forms from there:

http://domestic.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/forms-guidelines.aspx

http://www.co.geauga.oh.us/departments/common_pleas/Geauga-General.htm

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law