WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years experience, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT LAWYER FOR FAMILY, IMMIGRATION AND CRIMINAL LAW
16356563

I was wondering I know via court order DNA test that my soon

Customer Question

I was wondering I know via court order DNA test that my soon to be ex husband is not the father and I want his name off my childs birth certificate and want nothing to do with him. What do I need in order to make this happen my current attorney is not fimilar with these laws and I am scared I may have to share visitations with a man who hit both myself and daughter on numerouse occassions.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
the easiest way is to file paternity for the real father and when he is ordered to be the father have the Court add his name to the certificate. Under the law, a child born in marriage is assumed to be the father of the child, unless the Court states otherwise.