How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married in 2009 via double proxy. The marriage was never

Customer Question

I was married in 2009 via double proxy. The marriage was never consumated. My spouse is at another military base and is now in Haiti. The marriage is not going to work out. Can i file for an annulment? How much will it cost? What paperwork in needed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Under Wyoming law,a marriage cannot be annulled simply because the parties never cohabited, unless there is proof that the marriage was procured by either force or fraud.


Your facts don't suggest either force or any misrepresentation by a party intended to induce the marriage. Therefore, no annulment. You will have to obtain an ordinary divorce, which unfortunately, requires that you hire a lawyer to prepare the forms, or you can try a "do-it-yourself" divorce from (nb. I neither recommend or disparage this service provider -- it was just a random choice).


For a domestic relations attorney referral, see: and


Hope this helps.


Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Related Family Law Questions