How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if there is any kind of personal protection

Resolved Question:

I would like to know if there is any kind of personal protection order for me and boys in malaysia.
my husband passed on in 2007 and since then we have received tons of emotional abuse and harassment from his parents and family. My boys have never had any sort of bonding with them and do not wish to have any form of contact with them. Their self imposed visits have been more than emotionally draining and hurting, with all sorts of accusations hurled at me.
Also, is there any way that we can sever our relationship with them as my marraige has ended, and we really want to move on and live our own lives without their interference, and we wish to delete them from our lives as they are toxic emotional baggage that drag us down all the time.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I cannot find the Codes on line, so you will have to consult an attorney in Malaysia, see states:
The Malaysian legal system is based on English common law.

So my opinion is that you can petition for an injunction against harassment and against them trespassing on your property.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer.