How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i report a judge for unfair treatment regarding child

Resolved Question:

how do i report a judge for unfair treatment regarding child support for me from ex-wife. Her income doesnt seem to matter to judge and judge is awarding me minimal support for our son {taken away from her for neglect by CPS}
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

If you believe that the judge has acted unethically or improperly, you can report the judge to The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct.

Here is a link for more information:

Here is a link to file the complaint:

All complaints are reviewed to determine whether further investigation is required. Good luck
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is a judge the same as a majestrate, with the same process? She is majestrate. I have spent thousands of dollars getting court transcripts from previous hearings and proven without any doubt my ex-wife's deceit {written proof as well as affidavit's from numerous witnesses} the majestrate will not even hear this legal?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
the judge is the same as a magistrate for purposes of filing the complaint. Without going through the court file I cannot say that it is legal or not legal, however it is unusual and merits further investigation
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry just one more question. Ex-wife gets annuity for injury in 1993. These checks were always made out to the both of us. She was awarded half of my pension {a portion of my pension is do to injury i suffered on the job}. I contest that this income for her should be factored into the child support she now has to pay me, the judge says that has nothing to do with her income...i am perplexed. Thank you
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Child support includes all resources. I am also perplexed as to why the judge would not include this income in determining child support.
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you