How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently divorced a month ago and I just found our that

Customer Question

I was recently divorced a month ago and I just found our that infidelity did exist while we were married and my ex has moved the female into his home that he had the affair with, what can I do now and he is a month behind on his court ordered child support as well..
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately since your divorce is final, the adultery is not something you can ask the court to consider. However, you can file a violation/contempt petition with the court to force him to pay any child support arrears.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In reference to our divorce I am the primary custodian for our son and I feel his place of residency is unsafe for our son now since the female living with him the both of them have a police report history of domestic violences and both have been to jail for this in past as well as she has been reported to dfacs for being unfit to her kids, i refuse to allow our son to visit there now and he has threatened to send the sheriff on me, do I have the right to keep my son safe...can he do this..I am primary custodian and the ultimate decision rest with me if we cannot agree and if i feel our son's safety and well-being is in jeopardy.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I can understand you concern and possible anger. However, unless there is a present belief that you can convince a judge that your child is in danger there isn't anything you can do about your exhusband girlfriend living in the same house. Being the primary custodian does not all you affect what your exhusband does with the child unless there is a current present danger. If you refuse to allow the child to see his father, then you can be held in contempt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so knowing their fighting and history of violence, i have to first put my son in harms way then he gets exposed or even abused and then i keep him from going over this the law...if so it sucks.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I know you would prefer that I stay that you can do what you want as the primary custodian but that would be a lie. Past abuse issues without a present issue will not affect his visitation. I believe people come to a good lawyer for an honest answer and that is was I have given you. It would be easy to lie and say what I anticipate you would like to hear but that would not help you, but rather set you up for a court battle that you would most likely lose in addition to possibly affecting your custody rights with your child. Sorry.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you