Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I,m having a problem with my daughter in law with the way she

Customer Question
treats her children and husband...
I,m having a problem with my daughter in law with the way she treats her children and husband. She has always been very abusive toward everyone and we had a falling out between us and she has forbid anyone i the house to mention my name or they will be punished. They have been married for 14 years and she just had an affair and I thought that would do it. But he took her back. But I'm worried about my grandson now that I'm not around to help him if he ever needed me because of her. I have an audio taped conversation with his grand mother and I and we talked about our experiences with her and her abuse and the fact she was running a day care with no license in NY. The tape talks about the times of abuse we both witnessed through the years. I wasn't sure if it was to late for someone to listen without a lot of evidence? Except ours and other peoples accounts of what they saw.

Thank you very much,

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/2/2009
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Unfortunately, as long as they are still married you have no rights to do anything other than file a complaint with child protection and have them investigate the abuse, but other than that you have no real recourse.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer