How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a slight issue. My ex-boyfriend just summoned me to

Resolved Question:

I have a slight issue. My ex-boyfriend just summoned me to court in order to get custody of my 1 1/2 yr old daughter. There is a slight chance that he could be the father but he swore to me numourous times that he couldnt have kids due to his past drug use etc. He said he went to the dr. and got a sperm count and there wasnt any swimmers. He has been in and out of prision his whole life, and this last time he got into trouble me and my daughter were with him. He stole a dirtbike and put it into the trunk of the car. We got pulled over and he was taken back to prision. But since hes been out he wont leave me alone. What are the possibilites of him geting parental rights if he turns out to be her father?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- The courts base custody on the best interest of the child and based on your facts it would appear there is little chance he could ever get custody however he could obtain visitation rights. You should file a motion for child support since if he is the father he should be supporting his child.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you