How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my divorce agreement its says I cant move out of state

Resolved Question:

In my divorce agreement it's says I can't move out of state with the kids. However my ex hasn't paid child support in months, would I be allowed to move to support myself and the kids?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



you would need to take the matter back to court and have that order changed. you have a basis if you can show you have solid employment in another state.


of course, if he is not paying court ordered child support you can contact your local child support enforcement agency and have them help you collect it with wage garnishments.


but until the court order is changed, you cannot move out of state.



Samuel II and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you