How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28035
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend is hiding my son. I know currently where they

This answer was rated:

My girlfriend is hiding my son. I know currently where they stay after hiring a private investigator. I am outside the US and would like to know what to do as she does not answer my calls.

Do you live outside of the US permanently or just temporarily?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I live permanently outside the US but I use to travel to US as I hold a 10 years visa B1/B2.
You are going to need to get the courts involved, if she is not cooperating with you and allowing you to speak with your son. This is going to be a difficult situation since you live outside of the US and only visit sparingly. If you lived in MA, you could get joint custody of your son and have the court enforce the custody agreement if she fails to comply. If you want full custody, you are going to have to petition the court for it and take your son to where you live. If the Judge finds she not longer can legally stay here, she will have to leave with her son.
FamilyAnswer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you