How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband may file for divorce (North Carolina). If he does,

Resolved Question:

My husband may file for divorce (North Carolina). If he does, I want to make it as painful and expensive as possible. We have been together for over 11 years, but only married for 4. He has been cheating for over 3 years. Assuming he files, what are my options to drag it out into the next millenium and cost him as much money as possible? Also, can I use the same attorney that he used for his last divorce?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
There isn't anything special to do that delays a divorce. You just need to contest the issues he raise and not settle on any compromise offer. You basically are refusing to settle and want a trial that should take some time to get to. However, I give you a very large word of caution. It is common for a Judge to punish a party in a divorce that is delaying the divorce for no valid reason. If the Judge believes you are delaying the divorce the Judge can issue temporary orders against you that will affect your property, money and children if any as well as force you to pay part or all of his attorney fees.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the advice. What about using the same attorney that he used previously? Would I be allowed to do that, or would that be a conflict of interest?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Using his prior attorney will not delay the process. The attorney has to decide if he has a conflict with representing you and/or if he wants to represent you but that will not have much of an affect.
Daniel Solutions and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions