Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Are there new laws regarding child support and a spouse being

Customer Question
unemployed? I am the...
Are there new laws regarding child support and a spouse being unemployed? I am the mother and have joint custody and have been unemployed for over a year. My father told me that there are new laws in effect that increase child support for the unemployed parent. Is this true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2009
Family Lawyer: lwpat, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
There are not new laws but you can ask for a modification of the child support based on a substantial change in circumstances. You have to file a petition with the court. Here are the forms and instructions

http://www.sc.pima.gov/SC_Web/Portals/0/Library/Child_Support_%28PimaSC08%29.pdf

Yeah, thats what I thought. Thank you.

You're welcome. An accept ofr my tiem is always appreciated.
lwpat
lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer