How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27591
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Missouri and have been married for 18 years. I have

Resolved Question:

I live in Missouri and have been married for 18 years. I have two children, 12 and 16. My wife is abusive and I would like to move towards Divorce Mediation. What effect on custody will the desires of my children have?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 years ago.

The desire of the children and who they want to live with, will be considered by the Judge. However, it will not be the final decision of who they will live with. The Judge is going to act in the best interest of the children. The Judge will look at the environment and circumstances surrounding both you and your wife and which environment is a better life style for the children.

FamilyAnswer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions