Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have not seen my grandaughter since last May, when she stayed

Customer Question

I have not seen my grandaughter since last May, when she stayed the weekend just before school got out for the summer. Her mother moved and wouldn't let me know where she is and I have only talked to Breanna one time this summer about 2 months ago when she called me and we had a nice talk and she told me that she was living in Neveda, Mo. about an hours drive from where I live. A year ago we went to court and the child's mom told the judge in Harrisonville that she would let Breanna come to the farm every other weekend and she did really well for about 6 months. She won't answer my phone calls or return them. Breanna and I were really close and when her dad and mom were together, I took care of Breanna at least twice a month and sometimes more. I love her so much and miss her terribly. Her mom is doing this because she cannot get along with my son, Breanna's dad. I would never do anything to harm the child. Breanna is 9 years old now and I feel like I am missing so much.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 years ago.

I am here to assist.

What was your question?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I didn't get an answer on what my grandmother rights are in the state of Missouri. My story is written.

XXXXX XXXXX

Currently, grandparents do have rights in Missouri to visit with their grandchildren under certain circumstances. These circumstances include parents not living with one another or are divorced, a deceased parent, or if you have been unreasonably denied visitation with your granddaughter for 90 days or more. You can file a petition in the family Court in Missouri where your granddaughter lives to assert your rights.