How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband lives in Arkansas and has custody of our daughter.

Customer Question

My ex-husband lives in Arkansas and has custody of our daughter. I live in Missouri. My ex is smoking Marijuana in the home and I want to get my daughter back. How do I go about this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You will have to file for a modification of custody in the state that issued the original custody order if one of those is Missouri or Arkansas. Otherwise you will have to file in Arkansas. You can request that the court order a drug test and both of you will have to take one. You will need more evidence than just your word that the child is being exposed to drugs.