How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 4 years and 2 and half years

Resolved Question:

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 4 years and 2 and half years ago we had a son together. Welived together after the baby was born but we are now separeted and he threats me of taking my son from me? I would like to travel with him am I aloud?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You can take your child anywhere as long as there is not a court order to the contrary. Your ex can file for custody and the court will decide based on the best interest of the child. Each parent has an equal right to custody.
lwpat and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is a very wealthy man and I am just a single working mother? Will the court considerate his status? Iam afraid of losing my son for his money and power.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
A person with the money to fight in court always has the advantage. I cannot predict what he will or will not actually do. Best of luck to you and your child.