How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I answer a motion for modification of child support.

Customer Question

How do I answer a motion for modification of child support. My ex husband wants his new wife to be able to put our two children on her employer based insurance plan, although I was ordered to supply for the insurance in our divorce decree ( I had a job and employer based insurance).I am now paying for private health insurance, and he is reimbursing me half of the cost. This is not good enough for the both of them. I now qualify for state medicaid to insure the children for free, because I am unemployed and my income has been dramatically reduced. I have 20 days to answer.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
You should repsond that you have free health insurance and there has been no change to justify the court to make any modifications to the order. It is unfortunate he is making you go to court to handle this. Provide in your response a copy of proof that you are providing the insurance for the children now thru the state medicaid.

Related Family Law Questions