Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Where is a good place for me to find out the information that

Customer Question
is required to compose my...
Where is a good place for me to find out the information that is required to compose my own separation document to file with the court house? I know that people go to law school and invest a whole lot of time and effort earning a law degree, however - I just am not able to afford the $750 - $1000 the attorneys in my area are asking for this type of service. Any helpful information would be appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2009
Family Lawyer: WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETESQ
http://www.3stepagreement.com/statepages/alabama.shtml
http://www.the-law-store.com/almarsepagki.html

You are correct an attorney is not necessary to file a separation when all issues are uncontested the above company will create one for a small fee, also the state of Alabama to recognize a legal separation, the parties shall enter a decree of legal separation if all of the following requirements are satisfied:
  1. The court determines that the jurisdictional requirements for the dissolution of a marriage have been met
  2. The court determines the marriage is irretrievably broken or there exists a complete incompatibility of temperament or one or both of the parties desires to live separate and apart
  3. To the extent that it has jurisdiction to do so, the court has considered, approved, or provided for child custody, and has entered an order for child support in compliance with Rule 32 of the Alabama Rules of Judicial Administration
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer